"i'll like a drop of rainwater refracting light...
and a dash of illumination across the endless dark too."

Thursday, December 26, 2013

run


imagine dragons... civil wars.
poison. wine. demons.

when the days are cold
and the cards all fold
wish you'd hold me when i turn my back

i want to hide the truth
i want to shelter you
you only know what i want you to

when you feel my heat
look into my eyes
your mouth is poison, your mouth is wine 

don't love you but i always will
 
when your dreams all fail
and the ones we hail
are the worst of all
the less i give, the more i get back
 
don't get too close
it's dark inside
it's where my demons hide
with the beast inside
there's nowhere we can hide

when the lights fade out
all the sinners crawl
they dug your grave
 
and the masquerade
will come calling out
at the mess you made

your hands can heal, your hands can bruise
they say it's what you make
i say it's up to fate
 
it's woven in my soul
i need to let you go
your eyes, they shine so bright
i want to save their light
 
i can't escape this now