"i'll like a drop of rainwater refracting light...
and a dash of illumination across the endless dark too."

Thursday, June 28, 2012

keep your silence.

i waited for the words that will never come,
and the promise that will never be kept.
i should never have taken your words so seriously in the first place,
or believed them altogether.

yes, i am silently losing my patience with you,
as well as my faith in you,
when i should be losing those hauntingly vivid memories of you.
 
so now i am going to try convincing myself once again,
how pointless this whole thing is,
this thing that is never going to go anywhere.

so keep your silence. maintain it.

as i hold mine.

the insistence of my unspoken rule.
pride? fear?
both.
 
they said if you can understand then that's not love.
perhaps.

proud, timid, annoyingly stubborn and thoroughly quiet,
perhaps our paths should never have crossed in the first place.

so now i don't have to try so hard.
its not your fault, i know.

its just me being me.