"i'll like a drop of rainwater refracting light...
and a dash of illumination across the endless dark too."

Sunday, December 25, 2011

if there is a plan for me, what would it be, my lord?
you created me to feel, to desire, yet to fear.
you created me to dream, to wish, yet to witness the pain of others.
you gave me a promise, a hope, which holds true only after life on this earth has passed.

my name was carved in your palm before i came into existence,
you held me as a child, you'd never let me go.
as i walk through life's journey, i see you and thank you in each and every happy and moving moment,
yet when the cross i carry keeps getting heavier, what should i do?

without you, my life would perhaps be a lot easier, unrestrained.
yet though my choice to believe in you made it a great deal harder, and more confusing,
my life did find its meaning and purpose.
still, your will for me remains a mystery.

you opened my eyes to the different sides of life,
am i supposed to see pass them or through them?
are you preparing me for them, or are you calling me to rise above these passing moments in life -
like you did on this very day two thousand years ago?

how do i see through your eyes if your ways are always so high above mine?
how do i look into my soul if half of it possesses longings, while the other half sees it?