"i'll like a drop of rainwater refracting light...
and a dash of illumination across the endless dark too."

Saturday, August 22, 2009

the greatest wisdom of all is to realise the insignificance of man.

recently decided to listen to a song recommended by my friend... the show by lenka

found rather inspiring and love the idea of 'life' and 'love' being portrayed as a 'show'.

what a really nice perspective to take on in life, to take everything life brings to you like how you would watch a show... a concept that makes you embrace moments that are rather heavy-hearted with a graceful smile because you get a chance to learn how to move on.

some point in time i believe everyone will eventually reach this point and once they do, that's when the frequency of happy moments increases and wisdom more significant.

guess from long ago ages, man had always been relentlessly seeking life's very wisdom...
a sioux prayer from native american legend...

Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds
Whose breath gives life to the world, hear me
I come to you as one of your many children
I am small and weak
I need your strength and wisdom

May I walk in beauty
Make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things you have made
And my ears sharp to your voice.
Make me wise so that I may know the things you have taught your children.
The lessons you have written in every leaf and rock

Make me strong!
Not to be superior to my brothers, but to fight my greatest enemy....myself
Make me ever ready to come to you with straight eyes,
So that when life fades as the fading sunset,
May my spirit come to you without shame.

No comments: