"i'll like a drop of rainwater refracting light...
and a dash of illumination across the endless dark too."

Saturday, March 14, 2009

hello.
i am just a small pebble lying on the sand.
i have been lying here for many many years.
when the tide gets strong, i occasionally gets washed upshore.

hi.
i am just a tiny pebble lying on the sand,
where people walk me by.
some of them stops, picks me up,
and throw me back into the sea where i come from.
and once again, i remained submerged in the ocean waters,
till the next strong wave comes.

hello.
i am just a small pebble, lying on the sand.
i see the sun every single day when i open my eyes,
and just before i close them, that's when i see the moon.

hi.
i am just a tiny pebble washed upshore.
i've been lying on the shore for many many years.
good day and nice to meet you.
countless of people walk by me, walk on me or sat with me.

once, a little girl saw me and held me in her palms.
(she probably mistook me for a sea shell.)
she whispered to me a simple wish, which i shall remember for very very long.
(you see, i haven't quite forgotten it yet).
i tried to talk to her,
but she can't seem to hear me.

is it always so, between us and you people?
but she was a nice nice little girl, nonetheless
and it has been pleasing to meet her.

hi.
i am a small pebble lying on the sand.
it has been nice meeting you and,
good day.

No comments: